Tuesday, November 13, 2007

wildlife and expired life @ the library

Okay, I'm going to ask: What's with the fruit flies swarming the Info Desk? They tend to congregrate near the 2nd in Command computer station. I have found no food source that would explain their existence. Do they aspire to be reference librarians?

While shelving the reference books last night I came across someone's lunch meat on a physician's manual. I'm sorry, but there is no reality, alternate or otherwise, where lunch meat in, on, or around the reference books is acceptable. Please take your lunch meat with you when you leave. Dead cow, even in delicately thin slices, does not complement the reference collection. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like Pig Pen from Peanuts when I am sitting up here. Nasty about the lunch meat. I regularly find people's leftovers all over the place, especially at the CATs.

Paul said...

Hey Heather! I'm back, come and say hello!