Friday, September 11, 2009

The Jackson 5 Have Nothing on Kamal Webster

For today's blog post, I want to discuss a great motivational speaker and fellow WSU Libraries' employee, Kamal Webster, who delivered, "The ABC's of Success," to our customer service seminar.

I will mention only a few, but I beseech you to book him for a presentation. Here's what hit me the most:

MNO - Make New Opportunities: In a nation where jobs are sparse, we need to use our creativity and resources as Librarians to create new services for patrons. By developing these programs, we will assure that there is a need for our contribution through community support. Also, as individuals, we must realize that the greatest accomplish "me" nts are taken and never given.

UVW - Unique Vision of Winning: In my Library Management and Administration course we learned that, first and foremost, one must know what they want and how they intend to get it.

ABC - Always Be Confident: Everyone has something to offer, so find out what it is that you bring to the table. We all have worth, we all can make the world a better place. There is no reason for you to be timid, or to act inferior to anyone else.

With Thanks to K. Webster (note: those were my thoughts following the acronyms).

No comments: