Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lights! Camera! Action!

VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED!!!


Hurray! Hurray! Boys and Girls I am pleased to announce that my spring course, LIS 6510, has come to an end!!! Now my summer can begin and I don’t have to worry about classes until September. One of the last assignments we were given was about Intellectual Freedom and the best ways to go about teaching it to children. This was found to be a little challenging because the class was geared towards pre-school through third grade students. However, my professor was lenient in her requirements of the assignment saying that we could market it to third through fifth grade students. One night, I found myself literally tossing and turning thinking about all the work that I had to complete before this class was over! I got up at around 3 or 4 in the morning and began working on what I considered to be an “Educational Video.”

The video was targeted for young children to teach them about Intellectual Freedom. I learned from this class, that young children are very fond of talking animals. Hence, I decided to make a cat, with a comical past, the messenger of my video. I named him, Louie the Talking Cat, and attempted to give him a New York accent which sometimes sounded like a Boston one instead! When I presented this assignment, it was very well received by both my professor and classmates who were quite impressed with the idea! My professor, Anne Williamson, told me that my idea was very clever and that I should see about getting it published!! Talk about a compliment! I was very humbled by that, but enough talking. Here’s my “Educational Video,” starring Louie the Talking Cat.


No comments: