Tuesday, May 03, 2011

This is it...

Well bloggie, today is officially my last day as a Graduate Student Assistant at the UGL. I’ve had enough memories here to last me a lifetime…So many people influenced my experience here. I consider myself to be very blessed in having had an opportunity to meet such great faculty and new friends. This position has changed my life. It has helped me to grow, mentally, spiritually, professionally, and personally.

Beginning next week, well really tomorrow, I’ll be an employee at the Arts League of Michigan’s Virgil H. Carr Cultural Arts Center in Detroit, MI. I feel so blessed to have gotten the job I wanted. I’m graduating on Thursday, and I already have a start date for my new job. I think it’s safe to say that most people who are graduating don’t have job offers, much less a start date. I have both…

Eventually, my position with the Carr Center will enable me to travel the world. When that day comes, it'll be simply delightful…In the meantime, I’ll remain in Detroit where I’ll have the opportunity to help my community and fulfill my dreams all at the same time. I guess my parting words are, it’s been an adventure and I’m looking forward to facing the new challenges that will ultimately make me a better person. As Gandhi once said, “be the change you want to see in the world.” And that’s exactly what I plan to be, or should I say continue to be…

No comments: